Union Public Service Commission released press note on May 04, 2020 regarding Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2020. The commission held a special meeting on May 04, 2020 to review the situation after the national-wide extension of lockdown due to Covid-19 (Corona Virus). The commission decided that it will not be possible to conduct the examination and interviews for the present.
The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2020, scheduled to be held on May 31, 2020. Due to the lockdown in the country the commission decided to defer the exam. And this examination also serves as a screening test for the Indian Forest Service Examination, the schedule for the Indian Forest Service Examination is also deferred.
The commission will review the situation in the country again on May 20, 2020 and decides the fresh examination dates. And it will be available in the official website of UPSC in due course.
The commission has already deferred the following examinations:
- Personality test for remaining candidates for the Civil Services Examination, 2019
- Notification for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2020
- Notification for the Combined Medical Services Examination, 2020
- Notification for the Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2020
- NDA & Naval Academy Examination, 2020
The fresh dates for all the above examinations or notifications will be decided and it will be ensured that candidates are given notice of at least 30 days. The fresh examination dates will be decided and intimated in due course.